On Wed, Nov 17, 1999 at 11:09:20PM +0100, Jochen Wiedmann allegedly wrote:
> Your first problem (undefined symbol ...) looks like a problem
> with precompiled MySQL binaries. I always discourage using
> precompiled binaries.
I assume you're referring to the 'pthread_mutex_destroy' symbol? This
is caused by the fact that the module is linked against libc, while it
should be linked against libc_r. libc_r is the threadsafe version of the
C library - that's why libc doesn't contain any threadings stuff. So,
this was expected. If you'd taken a good look at the program output, you'd
seen I tried linking against libc_r instead of libc, which alleviated
the 'missing symbols' problem.
> I have no idea about the core dump. Analyzing that requires an
> experienced C programmer, and you don't seem to be one. (Sorry!)
There are several reasons why I didn't analyze the coredump:
3. I don't have the Perl source lying around
2. Perl is linked against libc, mysql.so against libc_r
1. The Perl binary has been stripped (standard FreeBSD config)
There was no way for me to analyze the coredump.
Thanks for the help anyway.