List:MySQL and Perl« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jochen Wiedmann Date:October 29 1999 10:25pm
Subject:Re: data_sources
View as plain text
Sam Mefford wrote:

> I'm wondering if anyone can explain why Msql-Mysql modules don't follow the spec
> set out by DBI . . . specifically I'm trying to write a generic browser-based
> database table manager, and I'm wondering why I have to special code things for
> the mysql interface rather than using the standard calls like
> DBI->data_sources('mysql')

I don't know what you are referring to. To the best of my knowledge
the DBD::mysql driver is following the DBI specs quite accurate. In
fact I've spent a lot of time to make it conformant.

Bye,

Jochen

--
Jochen Wiedmann						joe@stripped
Life has brown and green eyes. :-)			+49 711 7168586

Thread
data_sourcesSam Mefford30 Oct
  • Re: data_sourcesJochen Wiedmann2 Nov
  • Help: Install problemUnknown Sender2 Nov
  • Help: Install problemUnknown Sender2 Nov
  • Re: Help: Install problemJochen Wiedmann2 Nov
  • Re: Help: Install problemUnknown Sender2 Nov