List:MySQL and Perl« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gisbert W. Selke Date:January 6 2006 2:51pm
Subject:AW: <<Spam-Verdacht>> warning message: DBI->connect using 'old-style' syntax is deprecated and will be an error in future versions at blib/lib/invlib....
View as plain text
Good idea.

> What is the new syntax?  Here is my call:
> (my $dbh = DBI->connect( 'sheet', 'jc', 'secret', 'mysql' ) ) or  die
> "Cannot do \$dbh->connect: $DBI::errstr\n";
A very brief look into the DBI docs reveals:

  $dbh = DBI->connect($data_source, $username, $password)
            or die $DBI::errstr;
  $dbh = DBI->connect($data_source, $username, $password, \%attr)
            or die $DBI::errstr;
[...]
Examples of $data_source values are:

  dbi:DriverName:database_name
  dbi:DriverName:database_name@hostname:port
  dbi:DriverName:database=database_name;host=hostname;port=port
[...]
    For compatibility with old DBI scripts, the driver can be specified by
passing its name as the fourth argument to connect (instead of \%attr):

  $dbh = DBI->connect($data_source, $user, $pass, $driver);

    In this ``old-style'' form of connect, the $data_source should not start
with ``dbi:driver_name:''. (If it does, the embedded driver_name will be
ignored). Also note that in this older form of connect, the
$dbh->{AutoCommit} attribute is undefined, the $dbh->{PrintError} attribute
is off, and the old DBI_DBNAME environment variable is checked if DBI_DSN is
not defined. Beware that this ``old-style'' connect will be withdrawn in a
future version of DBI.

\Gisbert
Thread
AW: <<Spam-Verdacht>> warning message: DBI->connect using 'old-style' syntax is deprecated and will be an error in future versions at blib/lib/invlib....Gisbert W. Selke6 Jan