List:MySQL and Perl« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jochen Wiedmann Date:September 26 1999 3:03pm
Subject:Re: msql libs in alternative path
View as plain text
Alfredo Rahn wrote:

> So, seems that I have to make a fileball and put it somewhere in my path,
> and get DBI work with it. DBI is installed yet.
>
> Is there a way of doing so? If yes, how?

See the section on "PREFIX and LIB attribute" in "perldoc
ExtUtils::MakeMaker".
In short you have to replace

	perl Makefile.PL

with

	perl Makefile.PL PREFIX=/my/home/dir/lib \
	 LIB=/my/home/dir/lib/something:/my/home/dir/lib/something_else

The exact value of LIB depends on your local Perl.

Bye,

Jochen

--
Jochen Wiedmann						joe@stripped
Life has brown and green eyes. :-)			+49 7123 14887

Thread
msql libs in alternative pathAlfredo Rahn26 Sep
  • Re: msql libs in alternative pathJochen Wiedmann26 Sep