List:MySQL and Perl« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jochen Wiedmann Date:September 23 1999 2:26pm
Subject:Re: Local installation of msql-mysql-modules failed. Help please!(fwd)
View as plain text
Yang Ciccimaro wrote:

> Your perl and your Config.pm seem to have different ideas about the
> architecture they are running on.
> Perl thinks: [sun4-solaris-thread]
> Config says: [sun4-solaris-thread]
> This may or may not cause problems.
> Please check your installation of perl if you have problems building this
> extension.

Your Perl installation  seems to be really odd, me thinks. I have
never seen such a message in more than 4 years of work with Perl.

> "/pkg/perl5/5.005_51/lib/5.00551/sun4-solaris-thread/CORE/perlvars.h",
> line 21: invalid token: ##

> "dbdimp.c", line 2169: undefined symbol: PL_sv_undef

That sounds even worse.

To sum it up, your problem is far beyond the scope of the Msql-Mysql-
modules.

I suggest that you reinstall Perl, preferrably a stable version like
5.00503 and without threads, then retry. If you prefer solving the
current problem, you'd better ask on the perl5porters mailing list
or in comp.lang.perl.misc.

Sorry,

Jochen

--
Jochen Wiedmann						joe@stripped
Life has brown and green eyes. :-)			+49 7123 14887

Thread
Local installation of msql-mysql-modules failed. Help please!(fwd)Yang Ciccimaro22 Sep
  • Re: Local installation of msql-mysql-modules failed. Help please!(fwd)Jochen Wiedmann23 Sep
    • Re: Local installation of msql-mysql-modules failed. Helpplease!(fwd)Yang Ciccimaro29 Sep
      • Re: Local installation of msql-mysql-modules failed. Helpplease!(fwd)Michael Widenius29 Sep