List:MySQL and Perl« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Patrick Galbraith Date:September 4 2004 1:55am
Subject:Announcement: prepared statement and embedded server support on Dev-2_9 CVS
View as plain text
Hello Users/Developers,

I have just committed support for prepared statements and MySQL
embedded server support to CVS development branch Dev-2_9 (based off of
2.900x code) for DBD::mysql. You can get this code to try out via:

cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@stripped:/cvs/public login
cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@stripped:/cvs/public co -rDev-2_9

To use server side prepare statements, all you really need to do is set
the value "mysql_server_prepare" in the connect string:

my $dbh =
mysql_server_prepare=1", "","");

When you build DBD::mysql and run make test, after you first test
without server side prepare statements, you can test with by exporting
the environment variable MYSQL_SERVER_PREPARE

and then run 'make test' again. This stage will be improved in the

Also, for information about using the embedded server, please read the
pod documentation found in the perl module itself.

For more information about prepared statements and how you can take
advantage of them, please feel free to read my OSCON presentation:

Kind regards,

Patrick Galbraith

Patrick Galbraith Senior Software Developer

"Whatever action a great man performs, common men follow. Whatever
standards he sets by exemplary acts, all the world pursues"  --
Bhagavad Gita

Announcement: prepared statement and embedded server support on Dev-2_9 CVSPatrick Galbraith4 Sep