List:MySQL and Perl« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rudy Lippan Date:August 23 2004 10:58pm
Subject:Re: DBD::mysql make bus error
View as plain text
On Mon, 23 Aug 2004, Chu, Allen W wrote:

> cc -c
> -I/nfs/dm/disks/web01/server/ipd_server/perl/perl5.6/lib/site_perl/5.6.1
> /ia64-linux/auto/DBI -I'/usr/include/mysql' -fno-strict-aliasing
> -DXS_VERSION=\"2.9004\" -fpic
> -I/nfs/dm/disks/web01/server/ipd_server/perl/perl5.6/lib/5.6.1/ia64-linu
> x/CORE  dbdimp.c
> dbdimp.c: In function `CountParam':
> dbdimp.c:94: Internal error: Bus error.
> Please submit a full bug report.
> See <URL:> for instructions.
> make: *** [dbdimp.o] Error 1
> ------
> Has anybody else encountered this problem?  I'm not sure how to go about
> resolving this Bus error.  I look at the line and it's just the end
> bracket for the function.

I don't think anything that the source code does should be able to cause the
compilter to get a SIGBUS just as nothing should cause a SIGSEGV, so as weird as
it may sound, my guess would be that it is a compiler bug. What compiler are you
using?  It looks like you are using IA-64, right? How well has it been tested
agasint ia64?  Of course this is just a guess, and I could be wrong.

If you find an answer, I'd love to know what the problem is.

DBD::mysql make bus errorAllen W Chu24 Aug
  • Re: DBD::mysql make bus errorRudy Lippan24 Aug