List:MySQL and Perl« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jochen Wiedmann Date:March 5 2004 8:13pm
Subject:Re: LIMIT clause and placeholders
View as plain text
Garth Webb wrote:

> I'm sorry, what I meant is that I don't think MySQL will cache prepared
> statements with placeholders (thus negating the speed half of the speed
> and readability argument for placeholders).  Again, if you know
> differently I'd love to hear about it.

No idea, whether it does now or not. However, if one uses the API,
you'll benefit at some point in the future, if the database will
cache. And, besides, at the very least it can return statement
metadata, thus allowing for type safety and the like.

(And, not the least important effect: It will stop related
discussions on this list. ;-)

Jochen

Thread
LIMIT clause and placeholdersBeau E. Cox5 Mar
  • Re: LIMIT clause and placeholdersJochen Wiedmann5 Mar
    • Re: LIMIT clause and placeholdersTim Bunce5 Mar
    • Re: LIMIT clause and placeholdersBeau E. Cox5 Mar
      • Re: LIMIT clause and placeholdersRudy Lippan5 Mar
        • Re: LIMIT clause and placeholdersBeau E. Cox5 Mar
          • Re: LIMIT clause and placeholdersRudy Lippan6 Mar
            • Re: LIMIT clause and placeholdersBeau E. Cox6 Mar
        • Re: LIMIT clause and placeholdersJochen Wiedmann5 Mar
          • Re: LIMIT clause and placeholdersGarth Webb5 Mar
            • Re: LIMIT clause and placeholdersGarth Webb5 Mar
              • Re: LIMIT clause and placeholdersDaniel Koch5 Mar