List:MySQL and Perl« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jochen Wiedmann Date:January 16 2004 8:46am
Subject:Re: LIMIT ?,? statement
View as plain text
Walery Studennikov wrote:

> All queries with 'LIMIT ?,?' FAILS now,
> because modern versions of MySQL fails to execute statements
> with quoted LIMIT ranges.

It should be noted, that almost definitely you cannot expect this to work
with other drivers/databases as well. Likewise, you cannot expect that other
drivers/databases are able to submit table/column names via placeholders.

In particular, this will most likely *not* work with later version of
*MySQL* that *are* supporting placeholders on the server side. (No doubt,
we all want to use MySQL's server side placeholders if we can, do we?) In
other words, I would consider these to be questionable features and do not
see it as a reason to restore the old behaviour.

Jochen

Thread
LIMIT ?,? statementWalery Studennikov16 Jan
  • Re: LIMIT ?,? statementJochen Wiedmann16 Jan
    • Re: LIMIT ?,? statementRudy Lippan21 Jan