List:MySQL and Perl« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jochen Wiedmann Date:January 16 2004 7:44am
Subject:Re: BUG IN DBD::mysql
View as plain text
Hello, Walery,

I understand that you do not like the change, in fact I have argued against
the change in one of the threads cited in the documents below, because it
was obviously introducing incompatibilities with existing code.

However, if you did follow your own links provided below, you'd know that I
am no longer maintaining the module. In other words, you have to convince
Rudy Lippan, the current module maintainer or perhaps the mailing list
perl@stripped.

Sorry,

Jochen

Walery Studennikov wrote:

> Hello.
>
>         * Fixed bug where strings that were used in numeric
>           context were not getting quoted on execute(). Now all
>           parameters are bound as varchar by default.
>
>           **NOTE** this is a change in behaviour that MAY cause problems
>           with some SQL statements. If quoted integers, for example,
>           cause any problems, use bind_param(<column_id>, SQL_INTEGER) to
>           force a column to be bound as an integer.
>

> PLEASE, RETURN AN OLD BEHAVIOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> I'M TIRED FROM THIS. DBD::mysql MODULE
> DOESN'T WORK CORRECTLY FOR A VERY LONG TIME
> BECAUSE OF THIS 'BUG FIX'.
>
> Please, read this:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/module-authors@ style="color:#666">stripped/msg00789.html
> and this:
> http://www.geocrawler.com/mail/msg.php3?msg_id=10571290&list=183
>
> You module simply DOESN'T WORK, because of this "FEATURE"!!!!!
>
> I'm forced to use VERY OLD modules for my work,
> which are without this "feature"....
>
> Please, fix it AT LAST!!!

Thread
Re: BUG IN DBD::mysqlJochen Wiedmann16 Jan