List:MySQL and Perl« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:August 29 1999 6:04pm
Subject:Re: BUG: $sth->rows broken for updates
View as plain text

Jochen> Michael Widenius wrote:
>> The problem is that this is a server variable and not a client
>> variable.

Jochen> Obviously, but is it a modifiable server variable? Couldn't it be
Jochen> sent as a flag with any query? (Just one bit, won't cause network
Jochen> traffic.)

The problem is that this would require a change in the protocol and
make things incompatible;  I usually try to add many changes at one time!

>> One option would be to add 'SQL_RETURN_FOUND_ROWS' as a server
>> variable that one can set to affect this.  Would this be ok with you?

Jochen> I think this is better than setting it at the C level. I'd still
Jochen> apreciate the possibility to choose in the client.

I meant that you could just excute the query:

"SET SQL_RETURN_FOUND_ROWS=1"

The main problem is that this has to be re-executed on any
reconnect. I shall look into adding support for this in the client...

Regards,
Monty
Thread
BUG: $sth->rows broken for updatesGregory C. Falck27 Aug
  • Re: BUG: $sth->rows broken for updatesJochen Wiedmann27 Aug
    • Re: BUG: $sth->rows broken for updatesMichael Widenius28 Aug
  • Re: BUG: $sth->rows broken for updatesGregory C. Falck28 Aug
    • Re: BUG: $sth->rows broken for updatesEric Siegerman28 Aug
      • Re: BUG: $sth->rows broken for updatesMichael Widenius28 Aug
      • Re: BUG: $sth->rows broken for updatesJochen Wiedmann28 Aug
      • Re: BUG: $sth->rows broken for updatesJochen Wiedmann29 Aug
  • Re: BUG: $sth->rows broken for updatesJochen Wiedmann28 Aug
    • Re: BUG: $sth->rows broken for updatesMichael Widenius29 Aug
  • Re: BUG: $sth->rows broken for updatesJochen Wiedmann29 Aug
  • Re: BUG: $sth->rows broken for updatesJochen Wiedmann30 Aug