List:MySQL and Perl« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jochen Wiedmann Date:December 3 2003 5:47pm
Subject:Re: can DBD::mysql handle the new mysql-4.1.0 authentication method?
View as plain text
Peter Selinger wrote:

> And no, I don't know where to find the documentation of the MySQL
> client/server authentication protocol. I thought somebody on this list
> might know. I was hoping that the people who create and maintain
> clients are in touch with the people who create and maintain MySQL.

Open Source software is a "take and give" process. You are the one who
requires a feature. The maintainer is the one who can give you a feature. He
will do so, if he either needs the feature himself or if the hurdle to start
working on it is sufficiently low. By searching for documentation you are
able to help.

And, no, in 6 years of DBD::mysql maintenance I was never more than very
loosely related to the people of MySQL. So is Rudy, the current maintainer,
as far as I know.

Jochen

Thread
can DBD::mysql handle the new mysql-4.1.0 authentication method?Peter Selinger3 Dec
  • Re: can DBD::mysql handle the new mysql-4.1.0 authentication method?Jochen Wiedmann3 Dec
    • Re: can DBD::mysql handle the new mysql-4.1.0 authentication method?Peter Selinger3 Dec
      • Re: can DBD::mysql handle the new mysql-4.1.0 authentication method?Jochen Wiedmann3 Dec
      • Re: can DBD::mysql handle the new mysql-4.1.0 authentication method?Rudy Lippan3 Dec
        • Re: can DBD::mysql handle the new mysql-4.1.0 authentication method?Peter Selinger3 Dec
          • Re: can DBD::mysql handle the new mysql-4.1.0 authentication method?Rudy Lippan4 Dec
            • Re: can DBD::mysql handle the new mysql-4.1.0 authentication method?Peter Selinger17 Jan
  • How to open a Mysql server to connect with client PC?lshen3 Dec