List:MySQL and Perl« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jochen Wiedmann Date:September 23 2003 6:04am
Subject:Re: Problem about DBD
View as plain text
Rudy Lippan wrote:

> I'd like to find a way to test for this early on?  Like checking defines
> for both libs or something. Thoughts?

I would think, that this is too difficult to detect, in particular among
architectures. (Solaris is not the only operating system around. :-)

My original idea, which I still find good, is that the "myld" script should
be able to parse the linker output for messages like the above and give
hints. IMO that's completely sufficient.

> I see that, but I don't see why, off hand.  I am going to need to start
> digging..  Maybe ld is still returning 0 in this case?  Wait... Looking at
> the message above again, I just noticed that it is a warning message, so I
> am going to assume that ld is not returining a non-zero status, and
> therefore, myld does not know that there is a problem.

Most probably you are right, and the "myld" script should change its
behaviour to forwarding all output immediately to stdout and only printing a
final diagnostic message, if that seems to make sense.

Jochen

Thread
Problem about DBDΗΡΌχ°ζ22 Sep
  • Re: Problem about DBDJochen Wiedmann22 Sep
Re: Problem about DBDJochen Wiedmann22 Sep
Re: Problem about DBDJochen Wiedmann22 Sep
Re: Problem about DBDJochen Wiedmann23 Sep