List:MySQL and Perl« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jochen Wiedmann Date:September 20 2003 9:02pm
Subject:Compiling with VC6
View as plain text
Hi,

when compiling the DBD::mysql driver with Visual C++ 6, I receive the
following linker error:

   mysqlclient.lib(password.obj) : error LNK2001: Unknown external
   Symbol __ftol2

According to

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore/html/vcrefQIfistSuppress_ftol.asp

the problem can be disabled by using the compiler switch /QIfist. I do not
know, whether this will have any side effects on the client library. If so,
could we find a workaround? If not, could the switch be used when compiling
the client library? I hope, that Visual C++ will not be a "must" from now
on.

Regards,

Jochen

Thread
Compiling with VC6Jochen Wiedmann20 Sep
  • Re: Compiling with VC6Randy Kobes21 Sep
    • Re: Compiling with VC6Jochen Wiedmann21 Sep