List:MySQL and Perl« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jochen Wiedmann Date:September 17 2003 4:49pm
Subject:Re: mysqlclient lib problem
View as plain text
mark wrote:

> Anyone know the solution to this problem? I'm trying to install dbd-mysql
> from source and am using 'mysqlclient.lib' from visual C++ 6.0. I'm also
> using the nmake15 facility for Windows NT but when I run nmake I get the
> following problem:
> Obviously not building mysql.dll.
>
> Creating library blib\arch\auto\DBD\mysql\mysql.lib and object
> blib\arch\auto\DBD\mysql\mysql.exp
> mysqlclient.lib(password.obj) error LNK2001: unresolved external
> symbol_ftol2
> nmake: fatal error U1077 'C:\WINNT\system32\cmd.exe':return code '0x1'
> Stop.
>
> Any ideas? What is this password.obj? Is it possible to set it?

The error message says, that a file "password.obj" in the archive
"mysqlclient.lib" requests that an external symbol named symbol_ftol2 be
present.

I am sorry, but I cannot be of further help. I would suggest that you
contact the MySQL mailing list, which is responsible for the C driver. The
problem is, IMO, not related to the Perl driver, but deeper.

Jochen

Thread
mysqlclient lib problemmark17 Sep
  • Re: mysqlclient lib problemJochen Wiedmann17 Sep