List:MySQL and Perl« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jochen Wiedmann Date:August 26 1999 7:11am
Subject:Re: DBI/Mysql error: install_driver(mysql) failed...
View as plain text
TJ Cox wrote:

> Do you agree that this is a C library issue?
> The Msql-Mysql-modules manual(README) had a suggestion when this error
> occurs to either recompile Mysql or Perl (or both).  It says that the
> "linker doesn't include libgcc.a".  How can I verify this?  How do I know
> what the correct versions of these libraries are supposed to be?  Or,
> does it not matter as long as they are all compiled with the same version?

I agree that your problem is most probably with mixed C libraries.
It is however different from the well known libgcc problem, mostly
because I cannot recommend a simple workaround. (Which I can in
the libgcc case by just manually including it to the list of
libraries.)

Sorry,

Jochen

Thread
DBI/Mysql error: install_driver(mysql) failed...TJ Cox23 Aug
  • Re: DBI/Mysql error: install_driver(mysql) failed...Jochen Wiedmann24 Aug
    • Re: DBI/Mysql error: install_driver(mysql) failed...Eric Siegerman24 Aug
      • Re: DBI/Mysql error: install_driver(mysql) failed...artlore24 Aug
    • Re: DBI/Mysql error: install_driver(mysql) failed...TJ Cox25 Aug
      • Re: DBI/Mysql error: install_driver(mysql) failed...Jochen Wiedmann26 Aug