List:MySQL and Perl« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jochen Wiedmann Date:September 15 2003 1:18pm
Subject:Re: FW: Problems with mysql.sock
View as plain text
michael watson (IAH-C) wrote:

> My real problem is with DBI::mysql

This is exactly what I was talking about. :-)

> It's almost as if I have two versions of mysql on my machine, but I don't.

You have. :-) The location of the MySQL socket is compiled into the server,
into the client library (for example libmysqlclient.a) and into the client
binaries (for example "mysqladmin" or "mysql"). Each of them *may* have a
different location, which seems to be the case on your system.

Jochen

Thread
FW: Problems with mysql.sockIAH-C)15 Sep
  • Re: FW: Problems with mysql.sockJochen Wiedmann15 Sep
RE: FW: Problems with mysql.sockIAH-C)15 Sep
  • Re: FW: Problems with mysql.sockJochen Wiedmann15 Sep
RE: FW: Problems with mysql.sockIAH-C)15 Sep
  • RE: FW: Problems with mysql.sockUlrich Borchers15 Sep
  • RE: FW: Problems with mysql.sockRudy Lippan15 Sep