List:MySQL and Perl« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jochen Wiedmann Date:August 26 1999 10:24am
Subject:Re: Check wheter a row contains a search pattern
View as plain text
Andreas Gietl wrote:

> How can i check within mysql-module wheter a selected row contains a
> certain pattern? Is there any expression like when or do i have to write
> that thing in perl?

This question is more related to MySQL itself, isn't it?

Unless you know the table columns (which you could of course
retrieve in Perl) and do a

	(col1 LIKE "expr" OR col2 LIKE "expr" OR ...)

I see no other possibility than using Perl.

Bye,

Jochen
Thread
Check wheter a row contains a search patternAndreas Gietl26 Aug
  • Re: Check wheter a row contains a search patternJochen Wiedmann26 Aug