List:MySQL and Perl« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jochen Wiedmann Date:August 25 1999 6:23pm
Subject:Re: Can't load module DBI, dynamic loading not available in this perl.
View as plain text
Philip Smeuninx wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I receive the following error :
>
> Can't load module DBI, dynamic loading not available in this perl.
>   (You may need to build a new perl executable which either supports
>   dynamic loading or has the DBI module statically linked into it.)
>  at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i686-linux/DBI.pm line 158
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i686-linux/DBI.pm line 158.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at test.pl line 3.
>
> I don't want rebuild perl, is ther another way?

If you really don't want to rebuild perl, the answer is "no".
However, I can hardly see an advantage of a Perl without support
for dynamic modules? I'd really recommend you use a Perl as
distributed with your Linux version.

Besides, you overestimate the amount of work being done for creating
a statically linked Perl. With a dynamically linked Perl you do a

	perl Makefile.PL
	make
	make test
	make install

To get a statically linked Perl you do instead

	perl Makefile.PL LINKTYPE=static
	make
	make test
	make install
	make installperl

for both DBI and the Msql-Mysql-modules.

Bye,

Jochen

--
Jochen Wiedmann						joe@stripped
Life has brown and green eyes. :-)			+49 7123 14887

Thread
Can't load module DBI, dynamic loading not available in this perl.Philip Smeuninx25 Aug
  • Re: Can't load module DBI, dynamic loading not available in this perl.artlore25 Aug
  • Re: Can't load module DBI, dynamic loading not available in this perl.Jochen Wiedmann25 Aug
  • Re: Can't load module DBI, dynamic loading not available in this perl.Jochen Wiedmann27 Aug
Re: Can't load module DBI, dynamic loading not available in this perl.Philip Smeuninx26 Aug