List:MySQL and Perl« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jochen Wiedmann Date:March 20 2003 7:00am
Subject:RE: Dropping Trailing Whitespace
View as plain text
Hi, Gabriel,

I tried the following from the "mysql" command line prompt:

  mysql> insert into test (hash) values ('abcdefghiklmnopq');
  Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)

  mysql> insert into test (hash) values ('abcdefghiklmnop');
  Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)  mysql> insert into test (hash) values
('abcdefghiklmnop ');
  ERROR 1062: Duplicate entry 'abcdefghiklmnop' for key 2

In other words: The database itself is cutting the trailing blank
from the command line, for whatever reason.

I would personally consider this a bug and would suggest that
you post your CREATE TABLE statement and the above statements
into the MySQL users mailing list. Please put me on the cc list.

Regards,

Jochen

Thread
Dropping Trailing WhitespaceGabriel Weinberg17 Mar
  • Re: Dropping Trailing WhitespaceJochen Wiedmann17 Mar
    • RE: Dropping Trailing WhitespaceGabriel Weinberg17 Mar
  • Re: Dropping Trailing WhitespaceJochen Wiedmann19 Mar
    • RE: Dropping Trailing WhitespaceGabriel Weinberg20 Mar
RE: Dropping Trailing WhitespaceJochen Wiedmann20 Mar