List:MySQL and Perl« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jochen Wiedmann Date:February 13 2003 8:49pm
Subject:Re: mysql under windows
View as plain text
Quoting Mikael Jacobsson <mikael.jacobsson@stripped>:

> HI,
>
> I have been running mysql under windows for a while, but the mysql.pm
> version, now from cpan via PPM i can only find mysqlPP and this does
> not
> work for me. (cant find mysql.pm in @inc). Int finds the mysqlPP
> driver.
>
> What can I do??

See the mail below, which I have received some weeks ago. I'd
be glad, if you could write to ppm-request@stripped and
request a PPM distribution.

See also

  http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/J/JW/JWIED/DBD-mysql-2.1025.readme

Jochen

----------------------------- snip --------------------------------

Hello Jochen,

I'm forwarding your email to the maintainer of the repository.  I'm certain we
will be adding the DBD::mysql module for ActivePerl 5.8.0 in the near future.

For users of ActivePerl 5.8.0 we do provide two options.

The first is to request the package:
   If you've found that the requested module is not available through PPM, PPM3
   or downloadable as a .zip file, requests for PPM packages can now be
directed
   to:
   ppm-request@stripped

The second is to get the latest package from CPAN:
   You can always get the latest packages from CPAN. Instructions on querying,
   downloading and building perl modules from CPAN sites can be found here:
   http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Reference/Products/ActivePerl/lib/CPAN.html

Hopefully this helps to cut down on the email traffic you are seeing and to be
certain, it's also in our interest to cut down on the amount of traffic going to
support@stripped regarding this and other modules.

Please let me know if you have any further comments or questions.

Best Regards,

Rod Ballingall,
ActiveState Technical Support
www.ActiveState.com
If you'd like to provide feedback on the quality of support you've received,
please do so by sending an e-mail to support-feedback@stripped
It would be much appreciated.