List:MySQL and Perl« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jochen Wiedmann Date:February 2 2003 10:44pm
Subject:Re: Solaris 2.7 run time linking problem
View as plain text
Quoting Steve Sapovits <sapovitss@stripped>:

> I started down this path a bit.  But I think to do that I have
> to build the DBD::mysql piece into the Perl binary itself.  Not
> something I really want to do -- I need to be able to easily
> upgrade, etc.   Very frustrating since it works out of the box
> on Solaris 2.8 systems and since other DynaLoader loaded pieces
> for other Perl modules work okay.  I've been comparing the makes
> and have not found any obvious differences.

There is absolutely no reason to build a statically linked
Perl. The driver was even developed on Solaris in the
beginning.

Jochen
Thread
Solaris 2.7 run time linking problemSteve Sapovits2 Feb
  • Re: Solaris 2.7 run time linking problemJochen Wiedmann2 Feb
  • Re: Solaris 2.7 run time linking problemSteve Sapovits2 Feb
    • Re: Solaris 2.7 run time linking problemJochen Wiedmann2 Feb
  • Re: Solaris 2.7 run time linking problemSteve Sapovits2 Feb
    • Re: Solaris 2.7 run time linking problemJochen Wiedmann2 Feb
  • Re: Solaris 2.7 run time linking problemSteve Sapovits3 Feb
  • Re: Solaris 2.7 run time linking problemSteve Sapovits3 Feb
    • Re: Solaris 2.7 run time linking problemJochen Wiedmann3 Feb