List:MySQL and Perl« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jochen Wiedmann Date:February 2 2003 8:48pm
Subject:Re: Solaris 2.7 run time linking problem
View as plain text
Quoting Steve Sapovits <sapovitss@stripped>:

> relocation error: file blib/arch/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.so: symbol
> mysql_real_escape_string: referenced symbol not found at

This could indicate a problem with the version of MySQL you
are using: The current driver requires a version with the
"mysql_real_escape_string" function (do not remember which
version introduced that).

If I may be right, try installing a new version (the client
libraries are sufficient and you may use the configure
option --without-server).

Good luck,

Jochen
Thread
Solaris 2.7 run time linking problemSteve Sapovits2 Feb
  • Re: Solaris 2.7 run time linking problemJochen Wiedmann2 Feb
  • Re: Solaris 2.7 run time linking problemSteve Sapovits2 Feb
    • Re: Solaris 2.7 run time linking problemJochen Wiedmann2 Feb
  • Re: Solaris 2.7 run time linking problemSteve Sapovits2 Feb
    • Re: Solaris 2.7 run time linking problemJochen Wiedmann2 Feb
  • Re: Solaris 2.7 run time linking problemSteve Sapovits3 Feb
  • Re: Solaris 2.7 run time linking problemSteve Sapovits3 Feb
    • Re: Solaris 2.7 run time linking problemJochen Wiedmann3 Feb