List:MySQL and Perl« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jochen Wiedmann Date:August 11 1999 7:37am
Subject:Re: make test fails !
View as plain text
Michael Widenius wrote:

> The precompiled version is compiled with gcc 2.9 (from the GnuPRO
> toolkit).  It's about 10 % faster than if you compile your own MySQL
> version with egcs or pgcc.
>
> (If you don't use the right compiler options (as documented in the
> MySQL manual), the speed difference may be up to 30 % !)

Don't mismatch server and client. I doubt you get that much difference
when just recompiling the client code, which is needed for DBD::mysql.
Or am I wrong?

Thanks,

Jochen

--
Jochen Wiedmann						joe@stripped
Life has brown and green eyes. :-)			+49 7123 14887

Thread
make test fails !peter.hrobar12 Jul
  • Re: make test fails !Jochen Wiedmann12 Jul
Re: make test fails !peter.hrobar12 Jul
  • Re: make test fails !Jochen Wiedmann13 Jul
    • Re: make test fails !Michael Widenius30 Jul
  • Re: make test fails !Jochen Wiedmann11 Aug