List:MySQL and Perl« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jochen Wiedmann Date:September 24 2002 1:17pm
Subject:Re: Msql-Mysql-module Istallation Problem
View as plain text
I think the error message is quite helpful:

Zitiere Yuriy Taranovych <yuriy.taranovych@stripped>:

> /usr/i386-linux/bin/ld: cannot find -lz
>

> An error occurred while linking the DBD::mysql driver. The error
> message seems to indicate that you don't have a libz.a, libgz.a,
> libz.so or libgz.so. This is typically resolved by:
>
> 1.) You may try to remove the -lz or -lgz flag from the libs list
>     by using the --libs switch for "perl Makefile.PL".
> 2.) On Red Hat Linux install libz-devel
> 3.) On other systems, please contact the mailing list
>
>      Msql-Mysql-modules@stripped

I have no idea what the equivalent of "libz-devel" on OpenLinux
is, but I would assume there is one.

Thread
Msql-Mysql-module Istallation ProblemYuriy Taranovych24 Sep
  • Re: Msql-Mysql-module Istallation ProblemJochen Wiedmann24 Sep
  • Re: Msql-Mysql-module Istallation ProblemArtiom Morozov24 Sep
    • Re: Msql-Mysql-module Istallation ProblemGarry Williams25 Sep