List:MySQL and Perl« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:July 29 1999 8:56pm
Subject:Re: make test fails !
View as plain text

Jochen> peter.hrobar@stripped wrote:
>> I'm using a Perl version which was compiled on my own machine. The MySQL is
>> coming from a binary distribution as it's much faster ( at least the
>> documentation is said that ) in a pre-compiled version.

Jochen> Nonsense, roll your own and recompile DBD::mysql.

Jochen> Bye,

Jochen> Jochen

The precompiled version is compiled with gcc 2.9 (from the GnuPRO
toolkit).  It's about 10 % faster than if you compile your own MySQL
version with egcs or pgcc.

(If you don't use the right compiler options (as documented in the
MySQL manual), the speed difference may be up to 30 % !)

Regards,
Monty
Thread
make test fails !peter.hrobar12 Jul
  • Re: make test fails !Jochen Wiedmann12 Jul
Re: make test fails !peter.hrobar12 Jul
  • Re: make test fails !Jochen Wiedmann13 Jul
    • Re: make test fails !Michael Widenius30 Jul
  • Re: make test fails !Jochen Wiedmann11 Aug