List:MySQL and Perl« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jochen Wiedmann Date:April 30 2002 12:18pm
Subject:Re: Problem with DBD::mysql
View as plain text
Steve,

Zitiere Steve Hay <Steve.Hay@stripped>:

> Two things are leading my thoughts in this direction:
>
> (1)  The test program that I previously attached (which I've appended as
>
> a footnote to this e-mail for reference) does work on the same MySQL
> server if I use a different DBD driver, namely DBD::ADO;
>
> (2)  If I create an SQL command file, "insert.sql" which contains 10,000
>
> lines saying "INSERT INTO x (id) VALUES (<i>);" where <i> varies from 1
>
> to 10,000 and then run two "mysql.exe" clients simultaneously with
> "mysql.exe -u root test < insert.sql" then both client programs finish

I have no idea what might be the difference. But you can be
sure that DBD::mysql does no locking whatsoever. In particular
it doesn't even know what deadlocks are. All it does is
piping your queries to the MySQL C client library and
returning response codes, error messages and result sets.

Please note that at least the second of your examples is
a completely different thing, because it is running in
AutoCommit mode.

Sorry,

Jochen
Thread
Problem with DBD::mysqlSteve Hay26 Apr
  • Re: Problem with DBD::mysqlJochen Wiedmann26 Apr
  • Re: Problem with DBD::mysqlSteve Hay30 Apr
    • Re: Problem with DBD::mysqlJochen Wiedmann30 Apr