List:MySQL and Perl« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jochen Wiedmann Date:July 1 1999 7:32am
Subject:Re: How to build DBD-MySQL
View as plain text
Michael Widenius wrote:

> Christopher> perl Makefile.pl
> Christopher> 1] Mysql only
> Christopher> Building mysqlperl emulation - No
> Christopher> Warning prerequisite DBI 1.08 not found at (eval 9) line 226
> Christopher> Warning prerequisite Data:ShowTable 0 not found at (eval 9) line 226
>
> Christopher> Note (probably harmless): No library found for '-lm'
> Christopher> Note (probably harmless): No library found for 'oldnames.lib'
> Christopher> Note (probably harmless): No library found for 'kernel32.lib'

[...]

First of all, take the warning concerning the missing DBI seriously! You
have
to install DBI before DBD::mysql!

Try using

	perl Makefile.PL LIB="-LC:\Program Files\DevStudio\VC\lib"

the directory being that where oldnames.lib, kernel32.lib, ... are.

(Note the blank in the directory name, I don't know how to work around that
with NT's ... in theory its a shell. :-)

Makefile.PL should detect that location automatically, you might try to
inspect
the function DBD::mysql::Install::Initialize why that fails.

Bye,

Jochen

--
Jochen Wiedmann						joe@stripped
Life has brown and green eyes. :-)			+49 7123 14887

Thread
Re: How to build DBD-MySQLMichael Widenius28 Jun
Re: How to build DBD-MySQLJochen Wiedmann1 Jul