List:MySQL and Perl« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dave Rolsky Date:November 4 2001 5:08am
Subject:Quoting with different charsets (again)
View as plain text
Ok, I now know _how_ this can be fixed.  If all the places where strings
are quoted (for MySQL) would simply use mysql_real_escape_string then
everything would be just fine.  This function takes character set into
account so it would just do the right thing.

I first brought this problem up over a year ago and it still plagues me
from time to time.  Basically, Big5 or GB-2312 characters ending in '\'
are incorrectly quoted by the DBD::mysql driver, resulting in much pain.

If this could be fixed I would be eternally grateful.  I've been trying to
patch this but I am a C gimp and am not getting very far.

-dave

www.urth.org
We await the New Sun

Thread
Quoting with different charsets (again)Dave Rolsky4 Nov
  • Re: Quoting with different charsets (again)Jochen Wiedmann4 Nov
    • Re: Quoting with different charsets (again)Dave Rolsky5 Nov
      • Re: Quoting with different charsets (again)Jochen Wiedmann5 Nov
        • Re: Quoting with different charsets (again)Dave Rolsky5 Nov