List:MySQL and Perl« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jochen Wiedmann Date:August 16 2001 9:22pm
Subject:Re: max connections
View as plain text
brian@stripped wrote:

> My question is are there any known problems with exceeding the
> recommended number of connections? If i have enough RAM and
> processing power is it feasable to have even more then 2000 connects?

Sooner or later you'll find an upper limit. Be it hardware,
be it software, or whatever. It is better to do some load
balancing in the application logic.

For example, in the case of session ID's, you might use
two separate databases, the former using A0001, A0002, ...
as session ID's, the latter using B0001, B0002, ... (you
get the idea, don't you?). That way, you become almost
arbitrarily scalable.

Thread
max connectionsbrian16 Aug
  • Re: max connectionsJochen Wiedmann16 Aug