List:MySQL and Perl« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jochen Wiedmann Date:July 20 2001 3:24pm
Subject:Re: indices and char(0) and unique constraints
View as plain text
Dodger wrote:

> I wanted to create a char(0) with a unique constraint, intending thus to
> build into a table a sort of 'selector' -- where only one row could have the
> column defined as not null, forcing the rest to remain null (because '' is
> the only non-null value possible, and if it had to be unique, only one
> column could contain that value).

IMO this would restrict your table to have at most
two rows. Is this what you intend=

Thread
Problem with compiling DBD::mSQLDilgeet Badial17 Jul
  • indices and char(0) and unique constraintsDodger20 Jul
  • Re: indices and char(0) and unique constraintsJochen Wiedmann20 Jul
  • Re: indices and char(0) and unique constraintsindrek siitan23 Jul