List:MySQL and Perl« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jochen Wiedmann Date:June 8 2001 8:21am
Subject:Re: Maintaining State/Cached Connections
View as plain text

> On Wed, 6 Jun 2001, Dodger wrote:
>
> If I have an active statement handle prepared in a startup file outside the
> script and available as a package global, will it go dead under mod_perl and
> Apache::DBI?

An *active* statement handle? That sounds to me like extremely
bad programming practice. Why should you need an active handle?

If the intention is using the handle from within different
threads (aka Apache processes): You can't do that anyways.
Thread
DBD::mysql ProblemsJason Allocco6 Jun
  • Re: DBD::mysql ProblemsJeremy Zawodny6 Jun
  • Re: DBD::mysql Problemsed phillips6 Jun
  • Maintaining State/Cached ConnectionsDodger6 Jun
    • Re: Maintaining State/Cached ConnectionsTodd Finney7 Jun
    • Re: Maintaining State/Cached ConnectionsDave Rolsky8 Jun
      • Re: Maintaining State/Cached ConnectionsJochen Wiedmann8 Jun
      • Re: Maintaining State/Cached ConnectionsTodd Finney8 Jun
    • Re: Maintaining State/Cached ConnectionsJochen Wiedmann8 Jun
      • Re: Maintaining State/Cached ConnectionsTodd Finney8 Jun
        • Re: Maintaining State/Cached ConnectionsJochen Wiedmann9 Jun
          • Re: Maintaining State/Cached ConnectionsStas Bekman9 Jun
            • Re: Maintaining State/Cached ConnectionsJochen Wiedmann10 Jun
              • Re: Maintaining State/Cached ConnectionsStas Bekman10 Jun