List:MySQL and Perl« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jochen Wiedmann Date:March 6 2001 4:59pm
Subject:Re: mSQL: Number of rows affected never correctly returned
View as plain text

Paul Hoepfner-Homme wrote:

> You say $sth->rows is useless in the case of UPDATE and/or DELETE.  You
> mean, msqlNumRows will only return the number of rows SELECTed, and will
> be undefined if the query wasn't a SELECT?  If so, is this just a
> limitation of the mSQL API?  I wonder if there is a way around it.
>
> As it now appears to be a shortcoming of the mSQL API, I'll probably
> have to direct the problem to the appropriate mailing list.

I can only tell that $sth->execute will always return the value
of msqlNumRows and store the same value to be returned by
$sth->rows.

Sorry,

Jochen
Thread
mSQL: Number of rows affected never correctly returnedPaul Hoepfner-Homme3 Mar
  • Re: mSQL: Number of rows affected never correctly returnedJochen Wiedmann5 Mar
  • Re: mSQL: Number of rows affected never correctly returnedPaul Hoepfner-Homme5 Mar
  • Re: mSQL: Number of rows affected never correctly returnedJochen Wiedmann5 Mar
  • Re: mSQL: Number of rows affected never correctly returnedPaul Hoepfner-Homme5 Mar
  • Re: mSQL: Number of rows affected never correctly returnedJochen Wiedmann6 Mar
  • Re: mSQL: Number of rows affected never correctly returnedPaul Hoepfner-Homme6 Mar
  • Re: mSQL: Number of rows affected never correctly returnedJochen Wiedmann6 Mar
  • Re: mSQL: Number of rows affected never correctly returnedPaul Hoepfner-Homme6 Mar
  • Re: mSQL: Number of rows affected never correctly returnedPaul Hoepfner-Homme7 Mar
  • Re: mSQL: Number of rows affected never correctly returnedDodger9 Mar
  • Re: mSQL: Number of rows affected never correctly returnedJochen Wiedmann14 Mar