List:MySQL and Perl« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jochen Wiedmann Date:March 3 2001 7:34pm
Subject:Re: mSQL: Number of rows affected never correctly returned
View as plain text
Quoting Paul Hoepfner-Homme <pmhoepfn@stripped>:

> I've got an mSQL 2.0.11 server installed and properly set up with Perl
> with the mSQL modules.  But every time I run any query on my mSQL
> database with the Perl mSQL modules and try to determine the number of
> rows affected by the query, $sth->rows() invariably returns -1,

Your observation is right. When i last studied the mSQL C interface,
i knew of no possibility to determine the number of affected rows,
thus the driver always returns -1, aka "unknown number of rows".

This may of course have changed in the past. If you can send me
a patch for dbd/dbdimp.c, line 1198, I'll be happy to integrate
your patch into the current source tree.

Bye,

Jochen
Thread
mSQL: Number of rows affected never correctly returnedPaul Hoepfner-Homme3 Mar
  • Re: mSQL: Number of rows affected never correctly returnedJochen Wiedmann5 Mar
  • Re: mSQL: Number of rows affected never correctly returnedPaul Hoepfner-Homme5 Mar
  • Re: mSQL: Number of rows affected never correctly returnedJochen Wiedmann5 Mar
  • Re: mSQL: Number of rows affected never correctly returnedPaul Hoepfner-Homme5 Mar
  • Re: mSQL: Number of rows affected never correctly returnedJochen Wiedmann6 Mar
  • Re: mSQL: Number of rows affected never correctly returnedPaul Hoepfner-Homme6 Mar
  • Re: mSQL: Number of rows affected never correctly returnedJochen Wiedmann6 Mar
  • Re: mSQL: Number of rows affected never correctly returnedPaul Hoepfner-Homme6 Mar
  • Re: mSQL: Number of rows affected never correctly returnedPaul Hoepfner-Homme7 Mar
  • Re: mSQL: Number of rows affected never correctly returnedDodger9 Mar
  • Re: mSQL: Number of rows affected never correctly returnedJochen Wiedmann14 Mar