-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
MySQL 3.23.56, a new version of the popular Open Source Database, has been
released. It is now available in source and binary form for a number of
platforms from our download pages at http://www.mysql.com/downloads/ and
Note that not all mirror sites may be up to date at this point of time -
if you can't find this version on some mirror, please try again later or
choose another download site.
This is a bugfix/security enhancement release for the current production
News from the ChangeLog:
* Fixed `mysqld' crash on extremely small values of `sort_buffer'
* Fixed a bug in privilege system for `GRANT UPDATE' on column level.
* Fixed a rare bug when using a date in `HAVING' with `GROUP BY'.
* Fixed checking of random part of `WHERE' clause (Bug #142).
* Fixed MySQL (and `myisamchk') crash on artificially corrupted
* Security enhancement: `mysqld' no longer reads options from
world-writeable config files.
* Security enhancement: `mysqld' and `safe_mysqld' now only use the
first `--user' option specified on the command line. (Normally
this comes from `/etc/my.cnf')
* Security enhancement: Don't allow `BACKUP TABLE' to overwrite
* Fixed unlikely deadlock bug when one thread did a `LOCK TABLE' and
another thread did a `DROP TABLE'. In this case one could do a
`KILL' on one of the threads to resolve the deadlock.
* `LOAD DATA INFILE' was not replicated by slave if
`replicate_*_table' was set on the slave.
* Fixed a bug in handling `CHAR(0)' columns that could cause wrong
results from the query.
* Fixed a bug in `SHOW VARIABLES' on 64-bit platforms. The bug was
caused by wrong declaration of variable `server_id'.
* The Comment column in `SHOW TABLE STATUS' now reports that it can
contain `NULL' values (which is the case for a crashed `.frm'
* Fixed the `rpl_rotate_logs' test to not fail on certain platforms
(e.g. Mac OS X) due to a too long file name (changed
`slave-master-info.opt' to `.slave-mi').
* Fixed a problem with `BLOB NOT NULL' columns used with `IS NULL'.
* Fixed bug in `MAX()' optimization in `MERGE' tables.
* Better `RAND()' initialization for new connections.
* Fixed bug with connect timeout. This bug was manifested on OS's
with `poll()' system call, which resulted in timeout the value
specified as it was executed in both `select()' and `poll()'.
* Fixed bug in `SELECT * FROM table WHERE datetime1 IS NULL OR
datetime2 IS NULL'.
* Fixed bug in using aggregate functions as argument for `INTERVAL',
`CASE', `FIELD', `CONCAT_WS', `ELT' and `MAKE_SET' functions.
* When running with `--lower-case-table-names' (default on windows)
and you had tables or databases with mixed case on disk, then
executing `SHOW TABLE STATUS' followed with `DROP DATABASE' or
`DROP TABLE' could fail with `Errcode 13'.
* Fixed bug in logging to binary log (which affects replication) a
query that inserts a `NULL' in an `auto_increment' field and also
* Fixed bug in `mysqladmin --relative'.
* On some 64 bit systems, `show status' reported a strange number for
`Open_files' and `Open_streams'.
For technical support contracts, visit https://order.mysql.com/?ref=mlgr
__ ___ ___ ____ __
/ |/ /_ __/ __/ __ \/ / Mr. Lenz Grimmer <lenz@stripped>
/ /|_/ / // /\ \/ /_/ / /__ MySQL AB, Production Engineer
/_/ /_/\_, /___/\___\_\___/ Hamburg, Germany
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.2-rc1-SuSE (GNU/Linux)
Comment: For info see http://quantumlab.net/pine_privacy_guard/
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
|• MySQL 3.23.56 has been released||Lenz Grimmer||17 Mar|