-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
MySQL 4.0.11, a new version of the popular Open Source Database, has been
released. It is now available in source and binary form for a number of
platforms from our download pages at http://www.mysql.com/downloads/ and
Note that not all mirror sites may be up to date at this point of time -
if you can't find this version on some mirror, please try again later or
choose another download site.
This is a new beta development release, adding new features and fixing
recently discovered bugs.
Functionality added or changed:
* Fixed problem with `multi-table-delete' and InnoDB tables.
* Fixed a problem with `BLOB NOT NULL' columns used with `IS NULL'.
* `NULL' is now sorted *LAST* if you use `ORDER BY ... DESC' (as it
was before before MySQL 4.0.2). This is change was required to
follow ANSI SQL 99. (The original change was because we thought
that ANSI SQL 99 required NULL to be always sorted at the same
position, but this was wrong).
* Added `START TRANSACTION' (ANSI SQL99 syntax) as alias for `BEGIN'.
This is recommended to use instead of `BEGIN' to start a
* Added `OLD_PASSWORD()' as a synonym for `PASSWORD()'.
* Allow keyword `ALL' in group functions.
* Added support for some new `INNER JOIN' and `JOIN' syntaxes. For
example, `SELECT * FROM t1 INNER JOIN t2' didn't work before.
* Re-added missing pre- and post(un)install scripts to the Linux RPM
packages (they were missing after the renaming of the server
* Fixed that table locks are not released with multi-table updates
and deletes with InnoDB storage engine.
* Fixed bug in updating BLOB columns with long strings.
* Fixed integer-wraparound when giving big integer (>= 10 digits) to
function that requires an unsigned argument, like `CREATE TABLE
* `MIN(key_column)' could in some cases return `NULL' on a column
with `NULL' and other values.
* `MIN(key_column)' and `MAX(key_column)' could in some cases return
wrong values when used in `OUTER JOIN'.
* `MIN(key_column)' and `MAX(key_column)' could return wrong values
if one of the tables was empty.
* Fixed rare crash in compressed MyISAM tables with blobs.
* Fixed bug in using aggregate functions as argument for `INTERVAL',
`CASE', `FIELD', `CONCAT_WS', `ELT' and `MAKE_SET' functions.
* When running with `--lower-case-table-names' (default on windows)
and you had tables or databases with mixed case on disk, then
executing `SHOW TABLE STATUS' followed with `DROP DATABASE' or
`DROP TABLE' could fail with `Errcode 13'.
* In addition to the binary tarballs, we now do offer native
Mac OS X PKG packages for Mac OS X 10.2 "Jaguar". Please see
http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Mac_OS_X_installation.html for more info.
* There are now two different binaries for HP-UX 11 - one for PA-RISC 2.0
64bit platforms and one that has been compiled to to be compatible with
older PA-RISC 1.1 32bit platforms:
mysql-<version>-hp-hpux11.11-hppa2.0w-64bit.tar.gz (64bit PA-RISC 2.0)
mysql-<version>-hp-hpux11.11-hppa2.0w.tar.gz (32bit PA-RISC 1.1)
* Please note that the "bigint" test in 4.0.11 fails on some 64bit
Platforms like HP-UX 11 or Tru64. This is because of an error in this
particular test of the test suite which has already been fixed in the
source tree for future releases.
* To fix a compilation bug on HP-UX 10.20, we had to add an additional
patch to the 4.0.11 sources used to build these binaries. Therefore,
the Unix source tarball as well as the HP-UX 10.20 binaries will be
labelled 4.0.11a instead of 4.0.11. The other binaries are not affected
by this change. This modification has already been added to the 4.0
source tree and will be part of future releases.
For technical support contracts, visit https://order.mysql.com/?ref=mlgr
__ ___ ___ ____ __
/ |/ /_ __/ __/ __ \/ / Mr. Lenz Grimmer <lenz@stripped>
/ /|_/ / // /\ \/ /_/ / /__ MySQL AB, Production Engineer
/_/ /_/\_, /___/\___\_\___/ Hamburg, Germany
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.0 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: For info see http://quantumlab.net/pine_privacy_guard/
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
|• MySQL 4.0.11 is released||Lenz Grimmer||26 Feb|