List:Packagers« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Shigorin Date:January 27 2003 10:08pm
Subject:Fwd: Re: compille Mysql
View as plain text
	Hello,
the perl hang issue seems to be hinted on by our perl maintainer:

<snips/translates follow>

----- Forwarded message from Alexey Tourbin <at@stripped> -----

Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 00:56:37 +0300
From: Alexey Tourbin <at@stripped>
To: Michael Shigorin <mike@stripped>
Subject: Re: compille Mysql
Cc: Serge V Kompan <skompan@stripped>, mysql@stripped

On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 10:29:22PM +0200, Michael Shigorin wrote:
> testcase mailed privately, seems to hold

$ head Support/generate-mirror-listing.pl
#!/usr/bin/perl

# Generate a mirror listing

while (<>) { last if /START_OF_MIRROR_LISTING/;};

print "MySQL mirror listing\n";

while (<>)
{
$ fgrep MIRROR_LISTING manual.texi
$ man perlop | fgrep -C5 'The <> symbol'

           while (<>) {
               # ...           # code for each line
           }

       The <> symbol will return "undef" for end-of-file only once.  If you
       call it again after this, it will assume you are processing another
       @ARGV list, and if you haven't set @ARGV, will read input from STDIN.

       If what the angle brackets contain is a simple scalar variable (e.g.,
       <$foo>), then that variable contains the name of the filehandle to
$

[tr]
IOW the script is working properly if the file really has
/START_OF_MIRROR_LISTING/ and /END_OF_MIRROR_LISTING/.  The perl
behaviour is correct.

btw, Michael Shigorin sent me completely different files from
those ones which broke Serge V Kompan's build. :)
[/tr]

--
WBR, Alexey Tourbin
BIOZAK Ltd., Russia

----- End forwarded message -----

Seems like another doc/ cleanup should be done?

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike@stripped>

Fwd: Re: compille MysqlMichael Shigorin27 Jan