List:Packagers« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Hammers Date:December 12 2002 2:44pm
Subject:Re: [packagers] MySQL 3.23.54 is released
View as plain text
Hello

> Apart from fixing several bugs, this release also resolves multiple
> security vulnerabilities that have been found and reported to us by Stefan
> Esser from e-matters GmbH, Germany. You can read the full text of Stefans
> advisory here:
> http://security.e-matters.de/advisories/042002.html

Does anybody already have a small diffset that can be used to fix the
security problems older releases without having to upgrade to a new
version?

At least we from Debian prefer only applying small diffs to our stable
distribution because most admins don't like upgrading a version because
incompatibilities can never be ruled out in practice..
(Our current version in Debian "woody" is e.g. 3.23.49)

bye,

-christian-

Thread