List:Packagers« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Vladislav Vaintroub Date:November 10 2010 12:24am
Subject:RE: Re: Removal of the autotools-based build system
View as plain text
Another  take on this, more complete.

I had to lookup what cmake/configure.pl is doing , and I might be off with one or 2 items,
but to give general idea: The storage
engine syntax -DWITH_XXX_STORAGE_ENGINE can also be written  as just -DWITH_XXXX, I use
later for brevity. Though the "canonical"
form -DWITH_XXX_STORAGE_ENGINE is stored in CMake cache still  and shown in cmake-gui  and
ccmake.

Here  are the  mappings:

./configure

cmake  <path_to_source>

--prefix=/usr

-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREIFIX=/usr

 --build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
<none>

--host=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
<none>

--mandir=/usr/share/man
-DINSTALL_MANDIR=share/man   # under prefix, /usr is omitted

--infodir=/usr/share/info
-DINSTALL_INFODIR=share/info

--sysconfdir=/etc /mysql
-DSYSCONFDIR=/etc/mysql  # config directory (for my.cnf)
--libexecdir=/usr/sbin

-DINSTALL_SBINDIR=sbin
--localstatedir=/var/lib/mysql

-DMYSQL_DATADIR=/var/lib/mysql
--sharedstatedir=/usr/share/mysql
-DINSTALL_SHAREDIR=share  # not sure actually,  this would be the path there
aclocal/mysql.m4 is installed

--libdir=/usr/lib64/mysql
-DINSTALL_LIBDIR=lib64/mysql

--includedir=/usr/include/mysql
-DINSTALL_INCLUDEDIR=include/mysql

--with-low-memory
<none>

--with-client-ldflags=-lstdc++
<none>

--enable-thread-safe-client
<none>

 --with-comment='Gentoo Linux mysql-5.1.51-r1'
-DWITH_COMMENT='Gentoo Linux mysql-5.1.51-r1'

--without-docs
<none>

--without-big-tables
<none, tables  are big>

 --enable-local-infile
-DENABLED_LOCAL_INFILE=1

--with-extra-charsets=all
-DEXTRA_CHARSETS=all <default>

 --with-mysqld-user=mysql
-DMYSQL_USER=mysql <default>
--with-server
<none>
--with-unix-socket-path=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
-DMYSQL_UNIX_ADDR=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock

--without-libwrap
-DWITH_LIBWRAP=0

--enable-shared --enable-static
<nothing>, there is only DISABLE_SHARED

--without-debug
-DWITH_DEBUG=0  # default

--with-charset=utf8
-DDEFAULT_CHARSET=utf8

--with-collation=utf8_general_ci
-DDEFAULT_COLLATION=utf8_general_ci

--with-embedded-privilege-control
<I *think* always in>

--with-embedded-server
-DWITH_EMBEDDED_SERVER=1

--with-ssl=/usr
-DWITH_SSL=system

--enable-assembler
<none>

--with-geometry
<always in>

 --with-readline
-DWITH_READLINE=1

--with-zlib-dir=/usr
-DWITH_ZLIB=system

 --without-pstack
<removed>

--with-plugindir=/usr/lib64/mysql/plugin
-DINSTALL_PLUGINDIR=lib64/mysql/plugin

--enable-community-features
<always enabled>

--disable-profiling
-DENABLE_PROFILING=0

--with-plugins=csv,myisam,myisammrg,heap,archive,blackhole,innobase
(Omit cvs myisam myisammrg and heap, they are mandatory, always compiled in)

-DWITH_ARCHIVE=1
-DWITH_BLACKHOLE=1
-DWITH_INNOBASE=1

--without-plugin-example
-DWITHOUT_EXAMPLE=1

--without-plugin-ibmdb2
<none, this one works if at all on OS400>

--without-plugin-partition
-DWITHOUT_PARTITION=1
--without-plugin-federated
-DWITHOUT_FEDERATED=1

--without-plugin-ndbcluster
 <none>

--without-plugin-pbxt
-DWITHOUT_PBXT=1

Thread
RE: Re: Removal of the autotools-based build systemVladislav Vaintroub9 Nov
RE: Re: Removal of the autotools-based build systemVladislav Vaintroub10 Nov