-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
MySQL 3.23.55, a new version of the popular Open Source Database, has been
released. It is now available in source and binary form for a number of
platforms from our download pages at http://www.mysql.com/downloads/ and
Note that not all mirror sites may be up to date at this point of time -
if you can't find this version on some mirror, please try again later or
choose another download site.
This is a bugfix release for the current stable tree. Users who use MySQL
in an untrusted multi-user environment should consider upgrading to this
version, which also fixes a bug that enabled valid local users to crash
mysqld by using a specially modified mysql client application.
From the ChangeLog:
* Fixed double `free''d pointer bug in `mysql_change_user()'
handling, that enabled a specially hacked version of MySQL client
to crash `mysqld'. *Note*, that one needs to login to the server
by using a valid user account to be able to exploit this bug.
* Fixed bug with the `--slow-log' when logging an administrator
command (like `FLUSH TABLES').
* Fixed bug in `GROUP BY' when used on BLOB column with `NULL'
* Fixed a bug in handling `NULL's in `CASE ... WHEN ...'.
* Bugfix for `--chroot' (*note `--chroot': News-3.23.54.) is
reverted. Unfortunately, there is no way to make it to work,
without introducing backward-incompatible changes in `my.cnf'.
Those who need `--chroot' functionality, should upgrade to MySQL
4.0. (The fix in the 4.0 branch did not break backward-compatibility).
* Make `--lower-case-table-names' default on MacOSX as the file
system is case insensitive.
* Fixed a bug in `scripts/mysqld_safe.sh' in `NOHUP_NICENESS'
* Transactions in `AUTOCOMMIT=0' mode didn't rotate binary log.
* Fixed a bug in `scripts/make_binary_distribution' that resulted in
a remaining `@HOSTNAME@' variable instead of replacing it with the
correct path to the `hostname' binary.
* Fixed a very unlikely bug that could cause `SHOW PROCESSLIST' to
core dump in pthread_mutex_unlock() if a new thread was connecting.
* Forbid `SLAVE STOP' if the thread executing the query has locked
tables. This removes a possible deadlock situation.
- Unfortunately we are currently unable to provide Solaris binaries
other than Solaris8 due to hardware problems. We're working on
adding two more Solaris build hosts to be able to offer special
versions for Solaris 2.7 and Solaris9 for future MySQL releases.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.
For technical support contracts, visit https://order.mysql.com/?ref=mlgr
__ ___ ___ ____ __
/ |/ /_ __/ __/ __ \/ / Mr. Lenz Grimmer <lenz@stripped>
/ /|_/ / // /\ \/ /_/ / /__ MySQL AB, Production Engineer
/_/ /_/\_, /___/\___\_\___/ Hamburg, Germany
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.0 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: For info see http://quantumlab.net/pine_privacy_guard/
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
|• MySQL 3.23.55 is released||Lenz Grimmer||24 Jan|