MySQL 4.0.9, a new version of the world's most popular Open Source Database,
has been released. It is now available in source and binary form for a number
of platforms from our download pages at http://www.mysql.com/downloads/ and
Note that all mirrors may not be up to date; If you can't find this
version on some mirror, please retry later or try another mirror.
This is a new gamma release, fixing some recently discovered bugs.
>From the ChangeLog:
Functionality added or changed:
* `OPTIMIZE TABLE' will for MyISAM tables treat all `NULL' values as
different when calculating cardinality. This helps in optimising
joins between tables where one of the tables has a lot of `NULL'
values in a indexed column:
SELECT * from t1,t2 where t1.a=t2.key_with_a_lot_of_null;
* Added join operator `FORCE INDEX (key_list)'. This acts likes `USE
INDEX (key_list)' but with the addition that a table scan is
assumed to be VERY expensive. One bad thing with this is that it
makes `FORCE' a reserved word.
* Reset internal row buffer in MyISAM after each query. This will
reduce memory in the case you have a lot of big blobs in a table.
* A security patch in 4.0.8 causes the mysqld server to die if the
remote hostname can't be resolved. This is now fixed.
* Fixed crash when replication big `LOAD DATA INFILE' statement that
caused log rotation.
For technical support contracts, visit https://order.mysql.com/
__ ___ ___ ____ __
/ |/ /_ __/ __/ __ \/ / Mr. Jani Tolonen <jani@stripped>
/ /|_/ / // /\ \/ /_/ / /__ MySQL AB, Full-Time Developer
/_/ /_/\_, /___/\___\_\___/ Helsinki, Finland
|• MySQL 4.0.9 is released||Jani Tolonen||13 Jan|