List:Packagers« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jeremy Cole Date:September 20 2007 8:34am
Subject:Re: Distro packaging decisions and the non-public Enterprise source
View as plain text
Hi Jörg,

I certainly will not disagree that an issue this basic should have been
caught in internal QA, but at the same time, can you argue that having a
community release out would have caught this issue before you gave the
untested code to your supposedly "more stable" enterprise customers?

The basic issue is that you're asking customers to pay for the privilege
of using untested code in production.  I for one could never recommend
that to a customer...

Regards,

Jeremy

--
high performance mysql consulting
www.provenscaling.com
Thread
Distro packaging decisions and the non-public Enterprise sourceRobin H. Johnson10 Sep
  • Re: Distro packaging decisions and the non-public Enterprise sourceJoerg Bruehe10 Sep
    • Re: Distro packaging decisions and the non-public Enterprise sourceRobin H. Johnson11 Sep
      • Re: Distro packaging decisions and the non-public Enterprise sourceMichael Shigorin11 Sep
      • Re: Distro packaging decisions and the non-public Enterprise sourceColin Charles18 Sep
        • Re: Distro packaging decisions and the non-public Enterprise sourceMichael Shigorin18 Sep
        • Re: Distro packaging decisions and the non-public Enterprise sourceJeremy Cole19 Sep
          • Re: Distro packaging decisions and the non-public Enterprise sourceColin Charles19 Sep
          • Re: Distro packaging decisions and the non-public Enterprise sourceJoerg Bruehe20 Sep
            • Re: Distro packaging decisions and the non-public Enterprise sourceJeremy Cole20 Sep
              • Re: Distro packaging decisions and the non-public Enterprise sourceJoerg Bruehe20 Sep
            • Re: Distro packaging decisions and the non-public Enterprise sourceCristian Gafton21 Sep
        • Re: Distro packaging decisions and the non-public Enterprise sourceRobin H. Johnson19 Sep
    • Re: Distro packaging decisions and the non-public Enterprise sourceMichael Shigorin11 Sep
  • Re: Distro packaging decisions and the non-public Enterprise sourceColin Charles18 Sep
    • Re: Distro packaging decisions and the non-public Enterprise sourceRobin H. Johnson19 Sep
Re: Distro packaging decisions and the non-public Enterprise sourceJeremy Cole11 Sep
  • Re: Distro packaging decisions and the non-public Enterprise sourceColin Charles18 Sep
    • Re: Distro packaging decisions and the non-public Enterprise sourceMichael Shigorin18 Sep
      • Re: Distro packaging decisions and the non-public Enterprise sourceColin Charles18 Sep
        • Re: Distro packaging decisions and the non-public Enterprise sourceRobin H. Johnson19 Sep
        • Re: Distro packaging decisions and the non-public Enterprise sourceMichael Shigorin19 Sep