-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
MySQL 4.0.23, a new version of the popular Open Source/Free Software
Database Management System has been released. It is now available in
source and binary form for a number of platforms from our download pages
at http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/ and mirror sites.
Note that not all mirror sites may be up-to-date at this point. If you
cannot find this version on a particular mirror, please try again later or
choose another download site.
This is a bug fix release for the previous production series. Future 4.0.x
releases will occur very seldom. We encourage users to upgrade to the
current production MySQL 4.1.x series.
Please refer to our bug database at http://bugs.mysql.com/ for more
details about the individual open and resolved bugs in this version.
Changes in release 4.0.23:
Functionality added or changed:
* Added --hex-blob option to mysqldump for dumping binary string
columns using hexadecimal notation.
* Added mysql_hex_string() C API function that hex-encodes a string.
* InnoDB: Do not periodically write SHOW INNODB STATUS information
to a temporary file unless the configuration option
innodb_status_file=1 is set.
* InnoDB: Made the foreign key parser better aware of quotes. (Bug
* InnoDB: Fixed a bug in LOAD DATA INFILE...REPLACE printing
duplicate key error when executing the same load query several
times. (Bug #5835)
* mysqlbinlog now prints an informative commented line (thread id,
timestamp, server id, etc) before each LOAD DATA INFILE, like it
already does for other queries; unless --short-form is used.
* Prevent adding CREATE TABLE .. SELECT query to the binary log when
the insertion of new records partially failed. (Bug #6682)
* Fixed bug which caused FROM_UNIXTIME() function to return wrong
result if the argument was too big. (Bug #6439)
* Fixed bug which caused MySQL server to store wrong values in
TIMESTAMP columns and give wrong results for UNIX_TIMESTAMP()
function if it was run in time zone with leap seconds. (Bug #6387)
* InnoDB: Refuse to open new-style tables created with MySQL 5.0.3
or later. (Bug #7089)
* InnoDB: Do not call rewind() when displaying SHOW INNODB STATUS
information on stderr.
* InnoDB: If one used INSERT IGNORE to insert several rows at a
time, and the first inserts were ignored because of a duplicate
key collision, then InnoDB in a replication slave assigned
AUTO_INCREMENT values 1 bigger than in the master. This broke the
MySQL replication. (Bug #6287)
* InnoDB: Fix two hangs: FOREIGN KEY constraints treated table and
database names as case-insensitive. RENAME TABLE t TO T would hang
in an endless loop if t had a foreign key constraint defined on
it. Fix also a hang over the dictionary mutex that would occur if
one tried in ALTER TABLE or RENAME TABLE to create a foreign key
constraint name that collided with another existing name. (Bug
* Fixed a bug which caused a crash when only the slave I/O thread
was stopped and restarted. (Bug #6148)
* If a connection had an open transaction but had done no updates to
transactional tables (for example if had just done a SELECT FOR
UPDATE then executed a non-transactional update, that update
automatically committed the transaction (thus releasing InnoDB's
row-level locks etc). (Bug #5714)
* If a connection was interrupted by a network error and did a
rollback, the network error code got stored into the BEGIN and
ROLLBACK binary log events; that caused superfluous slave stops.
* A sequence of BEGIN (or SET AUTOCOMMIT=0), FLUSH TABLES WITH READ
LOCK, transactional update, COMMIT, FLUSH TABLES WITH READ LOCK
could hang the connection forever and possibly the MySQL server
itself. This happened for example when running the innobackup
script several times. (Bug #6732)
Lenz Grimmer <lenz@stripped>
Senior Production Engineer
MySQL GmbH, http://www.mysql.de/
Are you MySQL certified? http://www.mysql.com/certification/
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.5 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: For info see http://quantumlab.net/pine_privacy_guard/
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
|• MySQL 4.0.23 has been released||Lenz Grimmer||21 Dec|