List:NDB Connectors« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Monty Taylor Date:May 8 2007 7:05am
Subject:Re: lifetime of Ndb and Ndb_cluster_connection objects
View as plain text
Mika Raento wrote:

> I somehow read that to indicate that you need the management node after
> the connection. What it tries to explain is that the cluster-connection
> is bound to a _cluster_ not a management node. Maybe a documentation bug
> should be filed?

I've sent an email to one of the doc guys.

>> I do not yet have the answer... but do you have and code that
>> illustrates a problem with how object lifecycles are being done
>> incorrectly? I'd love a test case so we know what we are working with.
>
> Well, something as simple as letting the transaction go out of scope
> when posting a executeAsynchPrepare will cause a segmentation fault.
> Change the async.pl code so that it doesn't reference the transaction
> object in the callback sub and you'll see it.

Good point. I'll use that as a test case and see what we can do.

By the way -the %ref and %unref stuff I emailed in earlier doesn't seem
to solve our problems after all...

--
Monty Taylor
Senior Consultant
        • Re: Language-specific wrappers/extensionsMonty Taylor24 Apr
Re: Language-specific wrappers/extensionsMonty Taylor24 Apr
  • %/% rule in Makefile?Mika Raento25 Apr
    • Re: %/% rule in Makefile?Monty Taylor25 Apr
      • Re: %/% rule in Makefile?Mika Raento26 Apr
        • DocumentationMonty Taylor27 Apr
      • lifetime of Ndb and Ndb_cluster_connection objectsMika Raento26 Apr
        • Re: lifetime of Ndb and Ndb_cluster_connection objectsMonty Taylor27 Apr
          • Re: lifetime of Ndb and Ndb_cluster_connection objectsMika Raento7 May
            • Re: lifetime of Ndb and Ndb_cluster_connection objectsMonty Taylor7 May
      • Support for NdbIndex(Scan)Operation, prelim. support for typed attributeaccessMika Raento26 Apr
        • Re: Support for NdbIndex(Scan)Operation, prelim. support for typedattribute accessMonty Taylor28 Apr
Re: lifetime of Ndb and Ndb_cluster_connection objectsMonty Taylor8 May