List:NDB Connectors« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Monty Taylor Date:April 28 2008 3:04pm
Subject:Re: selectCount location
View as plain text
Jonas Oreland wrote:
> Monty Taylor wrote:
>> Hey all,
>>
>> The selectCount method is currently on NdbTransaction. However, it is a
>> self-contained method and can't be contained with other operations... so
>> I'm thinking it should move to either Ndb or to NdbDictionary::Table.
>>
>> Any opinions?
>
> if you keep it on NdbTransaction, you can add the feature that it counts no of
> inserts/deletes
> the own transaction has made (like we do in mysqld)

Hrm. That's a good idea. I think I agree with both of you though. So ...

Move the current selectCount to be a method of Table, then make a new
method, getCountOperation, which will add the appropriate count
operation to a transaction and return a ResultSet.

--
Monty Taylor, MySQL Solution Architect
Database Group, Sun Microsystems

Thread
selectCount locationMonty Taylor28 Apr
  • Re: selectCount locationDavid Shrewsbury28 Apr
  • Re: selectCount locationJonas Oreland28 Apr
    • Re: selectCount locationMonty Taylor28 Apr