List:NDB Connectors« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Monty Taylor Date:April 25 2007 8:59pm
Subject:Re: %/% rule in Makefile?
View as plain text
Mika Raento wrote:
> Hi
>
> Were you actually able to use the perl makefile? %/% doesn't seem to be
> valid with gnu make 3.80 at least (the docs state there may only be one
> % in the target).

Well, I built the module before checking in... but maybe I made a
mistake somewhere of leaving a file around when I was testing. Hrm. It
sure doesn't work now.

> You also removed the 'OBJECT' directive from Makefile.PM, which at least
> on my system causes the build to fail as then implicitly an
> ndbapi.bundle is being created with only an implicit rule to create it
> from ndbapi.o.

This is now supposed to be handled in ndbapi/Makefile.PL and
mgmapi/Makefile.PL. If we put OBJECT in the top level, it links both .o
files into the .so, and then importing things didn't work right. I don't
really like having {ndb,mgm}api/Makefile.PL though, so if you can figure
out how to fix that now.

> Now also both Mgm.i and Ndb.i include globals.i, which includes
> ndb_init.h which causes __wrap_ndb_init and __wrap_ndb_end to be defined
> twice, which makes the linker unhappy.
>
> Are you planning to split this into two perl modules? But I checked out
> something in the middle of it? If not, I can provide a diff of what I
> did to make it compile again.

Yes, the intent here is that there will be two perl modules. I'm
guessing maybe I merged things poorly?

> It's nice that the ../swig/*i files are now proper dependencies for the
> perl module :-)
>
> But having
> $myTransaction->execute($ndb::Commit);
> instead of
> $myTransaction->execute($mysql::cluster::ndbapi::Commit);
> in test.pl caused some headscrathing when seeing whether things work...

So I think I lost something somewhere - as I had fixed that bit too... I
promise I don't usually push without testing. :)

I've pushed things now to make it work a little more like I was
expecting... but let me know if it's not working for you... Sorry for
the trouble - I'm honestly not sure what happened to the original changes.

--
Monty Taylor
Senior Consultant
        • Re: Language-specific wrappers/extensionsMonty Taylor24 Apr
Re: Language-specific wrappers/extensionsMonty Taylor24 Apr
  • %/% rule in Makefile?Mika Raento25 Apr
    • Re: %/% rule in Makefile?Monty Taylor25 Apr
      • Re: %/% rule in Makefile?Mika Raento26 Apr
        • DocumentationMonty Taylor27 Apr
      • lifetime of Ndb and Ndb_cluster_connection objectsMika Raento26 Apr
        • Re: lifetime of Ndb and Ndb_cluster_connection objectsMonty Taylor27 Apr
          • Re: lifetime of Ndb and Ndb_cluster_connection objectsMika Raento7 May
            • Re: lifetime of Ndb and Ndb_cluster_connection objectsMonty Taylor7 May
      • Support for NdbIndex(Scan)Operation, prelim. support for typed attributeaccessMika Raento26 Apr
        • Re: Support for NdbIndex(Scan)Operation, prelim. support for typedattribute accessMonty Taylor28 Apr
Re: lifetime of Ndb and Ndb_cluster_connection objectsMonty Taylor8 May