List:NDB Connectors« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mika Raento Date:April 23 2007 5:32pm
Subject:Language-specific wrappers/extensions
View as plain text
Hiya

Had time to look into NDB again. I have a couple of things I'd like to
add to the perl bindings that I assume are interesting for other
languages as well, but most likely should be implemented in the target
language.

1. Strings given to NdbOperation::equal(char*, char*) need to be
length-prefixed. So something like 'shard_uuid' needs to become
"\x0ashard_uuid".
2. You should close all transactions. I would like to have something
akin to auto_ptr<> for that: wrap the transaction in a native language
object that closes it unless it has been explicitly released. This
provides for exception safe releases of transactions.

I'm not even sure where I should write this code so that it integrates
with the swig-created classes, let alone what's the best way to
structure it.

Any hints?

Cheers,
    Mika
Thread
Language-specific wrappers/extensionsMika Raento23 Apr
  • Re: Language-specific wrappers/extensionsMonty Taylor23 Apr
    • Re: Language-specific wrappers/extensionsMonty Taylor24 Apr
      • Re: Language-specific wrappers/extensionsMika Raento24 Apr
        • Re: Language-specific wrappers/extensionsMonty Taylor24 Apr
Re: Language-specific wrappers/extensionsMonty Taylor24 Apr
  • %/% rule in Makefile?Mika Raento25 Apr
    • Re: %/% rule in Makefile?Monty Taylor25 Apr
      • Re: %/% rule in Makefile?Mika Raento26 Apr
        • DocumentationMonty Taylor27 Apr
      • lifetime of Ndb and Ndb_cluster_connection objectsMika Raento26 Apr
        • Re: lifetime of Ndb and Ndb_cluster_connection objectsMonty Taylor27 Apr
          • Re: lifetime of Ndb and Ndb_cluster_connection objectsMika Raento7 May
            • Re: lifetime of Ndb and Ndb_cluster_connection objectsMonty Taylor7 May
      • Support for NdbIndex(Scan)Operation, prelim. support for typed attributeaccessMika Raento26 Apr
        • Re: Support for NdbIndex(Scan)Operation, prelim. support for typedattribute accessMonty Taylor28 Apr
Re: lifetime of Ndb and Ndb_cluster_connection objectsMonty Taylor8 May