List:NDB Connectors« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Monty Taylor Date:April 15 2007 10:05am
Subject:one of those days
View as plain text
So I seem to be having one of those days where I spend hours hacking on
tons of seemingly insignificant stuff.

I've just pushed more code. Mika - be careful before you pull... I moved
the perl namespace around to match everything else.

So now Python, Ruby and Perl all put their stuff in
mysql/cluster/ndbapi. Java sticks a com on the front, cause Java is cool
like that. I don't actually have Java or Ruby _installing_ yet, but I
don't think it should be that bad. On the other hand, PHP install works,
because you can't not install PHP extensions. :)

I've also added preliminary MGM API support. (maybe that should be at
the top) The wrapping is there, but I'm not sure how really useful it
is. I think we may have do either do some hard-core typemaps, or just
write a C++ wrapper for it that we wrap instead of wrapping the C
directly. For instance, to set a filter, you have to pass in an array of
int's. Except that you can't really make an array of int's in python. So
we'll have to do a typemap. For each language. Eek.

But the MGM API stuff is there to start playing with for Java, Perl,
Python and Ruby.

I think I'm going to go watch sportscenter now.
--
Monty Taylor
Senior Consultant

Thread