List:NDB Connectors« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Monty Taylor Date:April 15 2007 3:52am
Subject:PHP added, Java Build changed
View as plain text
Hey all,

So, because I didn't actually have pressing things to do today, I added
PHP support to the NDB/Connectors. It's a little basic at this point, as
SWIG is segfaulting when it tries to generate the PHP classes
themselves. But it is able to do the C-wrappers it needs to do, so even
if it stays that way, it's just a matter or writing PHP class wrappers
to call the library functions. Piece of cake, right? I've also submitted
some bugs to the SWIG folks, so hopefully we'll give them a decent test
case to work against.

I also did some work on the Java code as a first step in looking at
integrating the other NDB/J code. I've put the Java classes in a package
structure similar to the structure I put the python classes in. (The
same, except python doesn't want everything to live below a top-level
"com" - so com.mysql.cluster.ndbapi) I also upgraded the build system in
the java tree to use Automake/Libtool and to have a few more autoconf
macros for testing stuff. Make in the Java tree will now build the .so
and will make a jar file in the com/mysql/cluster/ndbapi dir. Make
test.class works. I have not yet ported the test cases in the test dir.
So ignore those for now.

I also discovered that there is a gcj target for swig that generates gni
code for gcj, which then compiles down to normal binaries. I haven't
played with it yet, and probably won't for a little while, but there
could be something interesting there.

So the only languages that matter that we're missing now are Lisp, Lua,
OCaml, Smalltalk, Scheme and Haskell -- and I think I can sleep ok at
night if it takes a little while to add those. :) I haven't been giving
much love to the C# code - Java, Python and Perl have many more features
at this point than C#, so I guess I need to bring it back in line. But,
I think before I do that I'm going to finish getting SQLAlchemy finished
enough to do my talk on if for the UC. Oy. Guess I should have done that
today.
--
Monty Taylor
Senior Consultant

Thread
PHP added, Java Build changedMonty Taylor15 Apr
  • Re: PHP added, Java Build changedJim Dowling16 Apr
    • Re: PHP added, Java Build changedMonty Taylor16 Apr