List:NDB Connectors« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Monty Taylor Date:October 24 2007 9:07pm
Subject:Re: ant targets
View as plain text
Jim Dowling wrote:
> Monty,
> I'm at a loss as to how I get java to find the relevant JNI shared library.
> Normally, i could set LD_LIBRARY_PATH or java.library.path, and JNI
> would find and load the shared library.
> However, it's not happening with swig:

>  >ant testndbj
>
> testndbj:
>    [junit] #
>    [junit] # An unexpected error has been detected by Java Runtime
> Environment:
>    [junit] #
>    [junit] #  SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x9047361b, pid=15149, tid=3084352400
>    [junit] #
>    [junit] # Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (1.6.0-b105 mixed mode)
>    [junit] # Problematic frame:
>    [junit] # C  [libmysqlclient_r.so.16+0x9661b]  _db_enter_+0x3e
>    [junit] #
>    [junit] # An error report file with more information is saved as
> hs_err_pid
>

> Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Well, there's one thing, which is that there are some serious ABI
compatability problems with different versions of libmysqlclient. So if
the library loader picks up a different version (even if they both say
so.16, sadly) than the one you compiled against, you're screwed like at
the end there.

As for the Library path, it seems to be a recurring theme. I have this:

<env key="LD_LIBRARY_PATH" value=".libs"/>

In the junit section of the build.xml and it makes the junit stuff work
for me. I know Johan was running in to this issue yesterday, I'll check
with him and see what he did to solve it (I know he solved it because I
got a bug report from him about something else later)

Monty

Thread
ant targetsJim Dowling24 Oct
  • Re: ant targetsMonty Taylor24 Oct